May 14, 2010
ANNOUNCING THE LOOKING GLASS PERFORMANCE SPACE GRANT-July/August, 2010
Seeking proposals from theatre companies.
Grantee(s) will receive performance space (anytime between July 19-August 29, 2010) including one technical rehearsal, and marketing and publicity (text provided by you) to our email press and audience lists and a listing or link on our web site. Additional rehearsal time will be made available at a deep discount when available.
Special Summer profit sharing! - 70% of ticket sales go to Looking Glass; 30% go to Grant Recipient.
Grantee shows will be credited as COMPANY NAME, in conjunction with The Looking Glass Space Grant Program, presents SHOW TITLE
DEADLINE: Applications accepted beginning now through Monday, May 31 at 6pm
Final Deadline: Monday, May 31 at 6pm.
NOTE: Companies requesting performance time in JULY may submit early and request early decision.
Proposals must be submitted via email to Artistic Director Justine Lambert at LookGlassJustine@aol.com as one (1) attachment.
Companies are encouraged to make contact (via the above email address) in advance indicating their intent to apply and/or with any questions.
Applicants will be contacted with the final decision no later than Thursday, June 3, 2010.
What you provide: A production(s) that reflects our mission statement.
OUR MISSION - Reflecting life on the stage with truth and theatricality while exploring a female vision. See web site for more! http://www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Bottom line - Either playwright or director must be female (both is great but not required). Cast must be half or more female (gender bending casts are accepted to meet this requirement). Female subject matter not required. We are a non union house. No project with AEA members can be considered.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Please put these sections in their stated order and include the number and name of each section at the top of that section. Recommended length about four pages.
1) The Proposal - A one-page description of the project including story, concept, and tone. Include running time. Include technical requirements and keep them MINIMAL. Shows will be sharing performance and storage space.
2) Creative Team - List of all creative team members already on board with short bios. (Director or Playwright must already be chosen.)
3) Space Request - Your ideal opening date and performance dates requested between July 19-August 29, 2010 (maximum of 12 performances).
4) Marketing Description - A description of how you will attract a crowd!
5) Company Mission & Staff - Your mission statement, including a description of company activities and current staff list.
Scripts are not required but may be requested after initial proposal review.
Please note: Looking Glass Theatre is in an old and historic, but not air conditioned building. Shows should be appropriate for summer (light costumes, etc.)
Looking Glass Theatre is located at 422 West 57th Street (btwn 9th/10th Aves).
212-307-9467 ** www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Justine Lambert, Founding Artistic Director
Jenn Boehm, Co-Artistic Director/Managing Director
Follow us on Twitter! http://twitter.com/LookingGlassNYC
Find us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/TheLookingGlassTheatre?ref=ts
Follow our blog! http://lookingglasstheatre.blogspot.com/