ANNOUNCING THE LOOKING GLASS PERFORMANCE SPACE GRANT-Feb.-March, 2010
Seeking proposals from theatre companies!
Grantee(s) will receive performance space (anytime between February 17-March 6, 2010) including one technical rehearsal, and marketing and publicity (text provided by you) to our email press and audience lists and a listing or link on our website.
85% of ticket sales go to Looking Glass with 15% going to the Grant Recipient.
Grantee shows will be credited as COMPANY NAME, in conjunction with The Looking Glass Space Grant Program, presents SHOW TITLE
Additional rehearsal time will be made available at a deep discount when available.
DEADLINE: Applications accepted beginning Monday, December 14, 2009 through Monday, December 21 at 6pm.
Final Deadline Monday, December 21 at 6pm.
Proposals must be submitted via email to Artistic Director Justine Lambert at LookGlassJustine@aol.com as one (1) attachment. Companies are encouraged to make contact (via the above email address) in advance indicating their intent to apply and/or with any questions.
Applicants will be contacted with the final decision no later than Wednesday, December 23, 2009.
What you provide: A production(s) that reflects our mission statement.
OUR MISSION-Reflecting life on the stage with truth and theatricality while exploring a female vision. See web site for more! http://www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Bottom line-Either playwright or director must be female (both is great but not required). Cast must be half or more female (for classics gender bending casts are accepted to meet this requirement). Female subject matter not required.
1) The Proposal-A one page description of the project including story, concept, and tone. Include running time. Include technical requirements and keep them MINIMAL, shows will be sharing the space.
2) Creative Team-List of all creative team members already on board with short bios. (Director or Playwright must already be chosen)
3) Space Request- Your ideal opening date and performance dates requested between February 17-March 6, 2010 (Maximum of 12 performances).
4) Marketing Description-A description of how you will attract a crowd!
5) Company Mission-Your mission statement and a description of activities along with current staff list.
Please put the above sections in their stated order and include the number and name of each section at the top of that section. Recommended length about 4 pages. Scripts are not required but may be requested after initial proposal review.
Please note: The Looking Glass Theatre is in an old and historic, but drafty building. Shows should be appropriate for winter (warm costumes, etc.)
The Looking Glass Theatre is located at 422 West 57th Street (btwn 9th/10th Aves). 212-307-9467 www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Justine Lambert, Artistic Director
Jenn Boehm, Managing Director