Saturday, October 17, 2009

READY, SET,STORY!

Ready, Set, Story opened October 10th and we're all so incredibly excited!

I have always loved mythology. As a kid, I spent hours poring over stories of enchanted animals, bickering gods and goddesses, and brave heroes (and heroines!) on impossible quests. My favorites were the clever tricksters who didn't look like much, but always managed to outsmart even the scariest monsters. These tales were epic yet familiar, magical yet human, ancient yet totally alive, and I couldn’t get enough of them.

With Ready, Set, Story! I set out to recapture the sense of wonder and excitement that I always got from my favorite myths, as well as their incredible imaginative power. These stories have been around for centuries but they never get old, and I wanted to invite audiences of all ages to explore their fantastical worlds with me.

The process of bringing this play to life has been more fun than I can say, thanks to the brilliance of the cast and production team. Spending the last month with these “actors at play” has been a joy for me, and I am sure you will enjoy their company as much as I do. So, as Anansi the Spider says, “Ready, Set... Story!”
 
-Rose Ginsberg, Director of Ready, Set, Story!

Ready, Set, Story! runs this Saturday, October 10 through November 22. Performances are every Saturday at 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. and every Sunday at 2 p.m. and 4 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment