ANNOUNCING THE LOOKING GLASS PERFORMANCE SPACE GRANT
Seeking proposals from theatre companies.
Grantee(s) will receive performance space (anytime between May 18-May 31 2009) including one technical rehearsal, and marketing and publicity (text provided by you) to our email press and audience lists and a listing or link on our website.
Grantee shows will be credited as The Looking Glass Theatre presents the (name of your company) production of (name of show).
DEADLINE: Applications accepted Monday March 2-Monday March 16 at 6pm.
Final Deadline Monday March 16 at 6pm..
Proposals must be submitted via email to email@example.com as one (1) attachment.
Companies are encouraged to make contact (via the above email address) in advance indicating their intent to apply and/or with any questions.
Applicants will be contacted with the final decision no later than Friday. March 20, 2009.
All ticket sales go to Looking Glass. Grantee may sell concessions or promotional items (t-shirts, CD’s etc.) and retain those proceeds.
What you provide: A production(s) that reflects our mission statement.
OUR MISSION-Reflecting life on the stage with truth and theatricality while exploring a female vision.
See website for more! http://www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Bottom line: Either playwright or Director must be female (both is great but not required). Cast must be half or more female (for classics gender bending casts are accepted to meet this requirement). Female subject matter not required.
1) The Proposal: A one page description of the project including story, concept, and tone. Include running time. Include technical requirements but keep them minimal, shows will be sharing the space.
2) Creative Team: List of all creative team members already on board with short bios or resumes attached. (Director or Playwright must already be chosen)
3) Space Request: Your ideal opening date and the number of performances requested between May 18-May 31 2009 (Maximum of 8 performances).
4) Marketing Description: A description of how you will attract a crowd!
5) Company Mission:Your mission statement and a description of activities along with current staff list.
Please put the above sections in their stated order and include the number and name of each section at the top of that section. Recommended length about 4 pages.
Scripts are not required but may be requested after initial proposal review.
The Looking Glass Theatre is located at 422 West 57 Street.
Justine Lambert, Artistic Director
Jennifer Boehm, Managing Director