November 17, 2010
ANNOUNCING THE LOOKING GLASS PERFORMANCE SPACE GRANT-January/February, 2011
Seeking proposals from theatre companies.
Grantee(s) will receive performance space (anytime between January 5-January 16, 2011 OR February 14-February 27, 2011) including one technical rehearsal, and marketing and publicity (text provided by you) to our email press and audience lists and a listing or link on our web site.
For JANUARY: Non Prime Profit sharing! 60% of ticket sales go to Looking Glass, 40% to Grant Recipient.
For FEBRUARY: Prime time Profit sharing! 75% of ticket sales go to Looking Glass, 25% to Grant Recipient.
Grantee shows will be credited as COMPANY NAME, in conjunction with The Looking Glass Space Grant Program, presents SHOW TITLE
Additional rehearsal time will be made available at a deep discount when available.
DEADLINE: Applications accepted now through Monday, December 6 at 6pm.
NOTE: Early submission encouraged for January applicants. Will be considered upon submission.
Proposals must be submitted via email to Artistic Director Justine Lambert at LookGlassJustine@aol.com as one (1) attachment. Companies are encouraged to make contact (via the above email address) in advance indicating their intent to apply and/or with any questions. Applicants will be contacted with the final decision no later than Friday, December, 10, 2010.
What you provide: A production(s) that reflects our mission statement.
OUR MISSION-Reflecting life on the stage with truth and theatricality while exploring a female vision. See web site for more! http://www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com/
Bottom line-Either playwright or director must be female (both is great but not required). Cast must be half or more female (gender bending casts are accepted to meet this requirement). Female subject matter not required. We are a non union house. No project with AEA members can be considered.
1) The Proposal-A one-page description of the project including story, concept, and tone. Include running time. Include technical requirements and keep them MINIMAL, shows will be sharing the space.
2) Creative Team-List of all creative team members already on board with short bios. (Director or Playwright must already be chosen)
3) Space Request- Your ideal opening date and performance dates requested between January 5-January 16, 2011 OR February 14-February 27, 2011 (Maximum of 8 performances)
4) Marketing Description-A description of how you will attract a crowd!
5) Company Mission-Your mission statement and a description of activities along with current staff list.
Please put the above sections in their stated order and include the number and name of each section at the top of that section. Recommended length about four pages.
Scripts are not required but may be requested after initial proposal review.
Looking Glass Theatre is located at 422 West 57th Street (btwn 9th/10th Aves). 212-307-9467
Justine Lambert, Founding Artistic Director
Jenn Boehm, Co-Artistic Director/Managing Director