August 12, 2010
ANNOUNCING THE LOOKING GLASS PERFORMANCE SPACE GRANT
Seeking proposals from theatre companies.
Grantee(s) will receive performance space (anytime between September 15-October 9, 2010) including one technical rehearsal; marketing and publicity (text provided by you) to our email press and audience lists; and a full show page on our web site. Additional rehearsal time provided at a discount rate when available.
Prime time Profit sharing! 80% of ticket sales go to Looking Glass, 20% to the Grant Recipient.
Grantee shows will be credited as COMPANY NAME, in conjunction with The Looking Glass Space Grant Program, presents SHOW TITLE
DEADLINE: Applications accepted beginning now through Monday August, 23 at 6pm.
Final Deadline: Monday, August 23 at 6pm.
NOTE: Companies requesting performance time in SEPTEMBER may submit early and request early decision.
Proposals must be submitted via email to Founding Artistic Director Justine Lambert at LookGlassJustine@aol.com as one (1) attachment.
Companies are encouraged to make contact (via the above email address) in advance indicating their intent to apply and/or with any questions.
Applicants will be contacted with the final decision no later than Friday August, 27, 2010.
What you provide: A production(s) that reflects our mission statement.
OUR MISSION-Reflecting life on the stage with truth and theatricality while exploring a female vision and creating a community of artistic freedom. See web site for more! www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Bottom line: Either playwright or director must be female (both is great but not required). Cast must be half or more female (gender bending casts are accepted to meet this requirement). Female subject matter not required. We are a non union house. No project with plans for an AEA showcase can be considered.
1) The Proposal-A one-page description of the project including story, concept, and tone. Include running time. Include technical requirements and keep them MINIMAL, shows will be sharing the space.
2) Creative Team-List of all creative team members already on board with short bios. (Director or Playwright must already be chosen)
3) Space Request- Your ideal opening date and performance dates requested between September 15-October 9, 2010 (Maximum of 12 performances). NOTE: If you have a show that is ready to go up early in September please submit your proposal ASAP. This will increase your chances.
4) Marketing Description-A description of how you will attract a crowd.
5) Company Mission-Your mission statement and a description of activities along with current staff list.
Please put the above sections in their stated order and include the number and name of each section at the top of that section. Recommended length about four pages.
Scripts are not required but may be requested after initial proposal review.
Looking Glass Theatre is located at 422 West 57th Street (btwn 9th/10th Aves). 212-307-9467 www.lookingglasstheatrenyc.com
Justine Lambert, Founding Artistic Director
Jenn Boehm, Co-Artistic Director/Managing Director